Saturday, March 2, 2019

Harvest

My mom's banana tree here reminds me of the harvest around us.


After everyone had a banana at one of our conferences in Mozambique, this picture was taken of Abel, who has a great sense of humor! My co-workers and I have had the privilege of walking with, encouraging, teaching, and investing in him.


I praise God that Abel, in the middle, continues to follow Christ and he works with the young people in his local church. 


"...Jesus said to His disciples, "the harvest is great but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest."
Luke 10:2


I've gotten to know many Mozambican students over the years. In Quissico, where my house is, there are 3 large schools and plans for 2 more schools to be built.


I've only done a little informal English teaching, but when I've asked many students about their hopes and dreams, one of the things I've heard the most is that they want to learn English to be better equipped for a variety of jobs.

~
Would you join with me in asking God to send out workers to His harvest in Mozambique, including people called by God to help and serve in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) with students in Quissico?