Sunday, May 26, 2013

Worms, Bites, and Life

Every 6 months I take a chewable tablet that treats roundworm, whipworm, pinworm/threadworm, hookworm, and tapeworm 
(the worm types are clearly pictured on the box :) 


Since recovering from African tick bite fever, I've been thinking about worms and bites lately.

African Tick
After sharing a Bible story in a village one evening, I saw a beautiful scene like the one below of an African Acacia tree in the sunset.

It made me think of some of the different concepts people have of life in Africa.   

Some may think of beautiful Acacia trees with inspiring African music playing in the background.


And there truly are such things.

But that night, as I turned to my side on the floor I was sleeping on, itching my bites (mostly mosquito), staring at the rat scurrying by, praying that people would know God's love for them through the next day's Bible story...  


I thought to myself, this is a more what life is like.