Monday, October 7, 2024

Quissico

I traveled with Victoria, Elina, and Mônica to Quissico.

Victoria in front of the house.

Elina with some baby mangoes.

The plumeria I had planted and thought had died, but has multiplied!

Mônica was such a blessing.

Visiting neighbors.

With grandma Lila.

Seeing Cidalia on the path back home.

We made couve curry for dinner.

Elina pounded the peanuts, and Victoria cut the couve and sifted the peanuts.

I shredded the coconut...slowly 😊

Elina added the coconut milk and powdered peanuts to the couve. What a delicious meal!

The next day we visited Cidalia, who gave me a special matching capulana.

Then she gave me one of her new piglets, which she said she will take care of until I return😊 The mom here is only a one year old!

The next day we drove to Inhambane city to meet with 3 families who work with youth through Word of Life.

We sang and wrapped the wives in colorful capulanas.


We had good conversations about possible future partnerships for the youth in Quissico 🙏

Afterwards we stopped at nearby Tofo beach.


Something new to me was seeing a group of young Mozambicans surfing!



Sunday with the church in Cala.

The children's group sang praise songs to God.

Irene translated my Portuguese into Chichopi, and I shared about how we all go through different storms in life, but that we can build our house, which is our life, on the solid foundation that is Jesus!

With Victoria, Irene, Ermelinda, and Elina❤️