Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sharing in Boane

This last Sunday I was so thankful to share with Pastor Nelio's church in Boane. I spoke Portuguese while P. Nelio translated into Changana. However, I had worked on learning how to say my three main points in Changana. After I said the first point, I automatically looked at P. Nelio for translation, but he looked at me with a big smile and said nothing. I asked if everyone had understood and he nodded and grinned. What a joy that was for me! After the service, the kids gathered around me and proceeded to give me intensive Changana lessons where I learned how to say such useful things as, "Go home child" and "I want an onion." :) It was a wonderful time of relationship building and fellowship. In the picture, I'm standing next to P. Nelio and his wife, Zinha, in their home.