Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Driver's License, Family, and Food



After two consecutive 5-year renewals online (which comes in very handy when in Africa), the California DMV required that I renew my driver's license in person this time.
Without a valid U.S. state license, my international license is not valid, which is what I use in Mozambique. 
So...I made a very quick trip back to the U.S. to renew my license.


While I was there, I was able to see much of my family at the annual Labor Day celebration, where my Uncle Steve and Aunt Joyce brought 2 of their beautiful parrots!


My brother and his wife, and 3 awesome nephews!
 

Trey, showing off his Mozambican lizard made out of a coke can, and his Mozambican wooden car, complete with a wooden surfboard on top!


My sister and her husband, and another awesome nephew...and a future niece on the way!

My sweet nephew, Terran.
While I was there, I also enjoyed a few of my favorite foods...

A tasty burger at Umami


And fresh fish tacos at Reel Inn 


After renewing my driver's license, seeing much of my family, and gaining 10 pounds...I'm headed back to Mozambique.