Sunday, September 29, 2013

CAM and CEF

Christian Academy in Mozambique (CAM)
CAM, where I was a teacher from 2002-2004, is a Christian international school with 21 nationalities represented. 

My colleague, Susan (on the keyboard), is the director of the k-12 school.

This last week I spoke at the CAM school chapel using 1 Corinthians 1:27-29, to talk about how God calls and uses the weak and lowly so that no one can boast before Him.


I had asked Laura, who is a student at CAM, to show the school how she discovered a mathematical error in the land measurements when she was with me in Inhambane...an error that 5 adult men and 1 adult woman (me) did not catch!

It was a blessing to share how God used a student among a group of adults to make an important correction so that the land was legalized with accurate measurements.
To God be the glory! 


Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF)


It was a privilege to be one of the supporters of a young man from the church, Abel Chau (in the middle), as he graduated from a 6 month course with Child Evangelism Fellowship.


My colleague, Fernanda, and I with some of the graduates that may be able to help with the youth program, which Fernanda leads.
Abel and the other CEF graduates would appreciate your prayer for God's guidance to use what they have learned.
Thank you!