Saturday, March 1, 2014

Maputo Women's Ministries and Inhambane Building Progress

Igreja Evangelica Palavra Viva 
Women's Meetings

Pondering Mom


Because I must focus on the work involved in my move to Inhambane, I informed the women that I would not be as involved in the ministries in Maputo.

Would you pray that these women would continue to meet together to grow in Christ's love.

Beautiful and Bright


Nkateko Discipleship and Craft Group

I translated for my Mom as she used seeds, flowers, and fruits to illustrate spiritual truths to share with the ladies in the Nkateko craft discipleship group.

Nkateko means Blessing

 Jewelry the group makes


It was Albertina's birthday, so we enjoyed a chocolate cake (thanks to my Mom's baking skills)



Inhambane Building Progress

The new property wall and entrance into the site where my ministry house will be built.


The storehouse is almost finished.


The construction leader, Titos.


The cook, Pionalda, who has been preparing 3 meals a day for the 4 workers for the past 45 days.


Sunday Best

Everybody wanted to come to church on Sunday, so we headed to Cala in a rented pick-up truck (my mom sat in front). 





Pr. Abel's daughter, Raquel, shared a message of encouragement with the church.


On the way back, we gave a ride to a student and his new edible pet.

Letting the pig out of the bag.





Bible Study with Women in Inhambane

What a privilege, challenge, and joy it continues to be to teach the Word of God here.


Ermelinda


Cristina

Katarina

Palmira


We shared a special meal of grilled chicken, cabbage salad, rice, and fried potatoes. 

Seeking to be His hands and feet.