Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Maputo Ministries, a Birthday, and a Wedding

I noticed one day after church that Prs. Juka and Nelio, and Jesuita and I were all wearing some shade of purple, so I thought we'd take a picture!


Jesuita, a former student from Inhambane, has been living in Maputo for the last several months, and I've been blessed to take her to church with me each Sunday. She loves participating and learning, and she now has her own New Testament.


Preaching in Tsalala

As a part of the transitional church government, I have been visiting the churches in Maputo to speak about unity in body of Christ. 


The banner at the front of this bright church in Tsalala reads, 
"Jesus said: 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" 
John 8:12


Women with a Purpose Ministry

"God...saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works, but because of His own purpose and grace, which He gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began." 
2 Timothy 1:9

During this year I've been working quite a bit in organizing and facilitating the leadership group of this women's ministry.  Many women gathered together for our final meeting of 2014.


Some church groups wore the same beautiful capulanas to show their unity, like the women of Intaka.


And the women of Kongoloti.


My greatest joy was to see my Mozambican sisters, with whom I've been working, leading this ministry!



Christian Academy Kids

I was blessed to share the story of how I discovered that God was real with the high school students at this Christian International school.


I was also shared a different lesson with the elementary kids. At one point, I used the illustration of how difficult it would be to write without our hands, and I asked for a volunteer to come up and try. This young boy was able to write his name amazingly well holding the pencil in his mouth...the illustration almost didn't work ;)  


Birthday Buddies

My dear colleague, Fernanda, and I celebrated our birthdays together on Nov. 8 and 9!

We dressed in the same capulanas, ate delicious cakes, and had lots of laughs.


Julia's Wedding
After four years of praying for Julia and Sergio, I rejoiced to participate in their special day.

The wedding party, outside the church in the shade...the temperature was in the upper 90's.


At the wedding with my sweet sister, Tina.