Monday, April 4, 2016

Northern Irish Team

Ian and Sharon led the wonderful team from Northern Ireland who, among many other things...built a covered area for my truck, installed a water filtration system, tiled around the sink and stove, installed outdoor solar and battery lights, replaced a faucet, fixed a bed, adjusted curtain rods, and cooked lots of special meals!


Andrew


David

Bert

Alan and I getting supplies at the local hardware store.

An awesome Australian, Patrick, also joined the team.

As well as two lovely Canadians, Liane and Joyce, here with Sharon and I.

Ian fixed Papa Tomas' motorcycle!

My mechanical comprehension and vocabulary is so poor in both Portuguese and English that I had to ask Ian to explain things to me like he would to a 5 year old just so that I could understand, in order to translate.


Possible future mechanics looking on

Ian also helped Tomas and his family learn how to use their converter, which could produce power when connected to batteries that are connected to a solar panel. My comprehension and vocabulary of all things electrical in both English and Portuguese was also greatly challenged...


I invited my neighbor, Cidalia, over to show the team how a local meal is made from coconuts, peanuts, and pumpkin leaves.

The cooking lesson got a little tense at one point.

Cidalia broke open some baby coconuts so everyone could have a refreshing drink.

"For they refreshed my spirit...such people deserve recognition."

1 Corinthians 16:18

Thank you Ian, Sharon, Bert, Alan, David, Andrew, Patrick, Liane, and Joyce!