Saturday, November 3, 2018

Health Update

It has been 2 years since I returned to the US from Mozambique due to chronic pain in my head. 

In order to share an update I'd like to try to describe it as best as I can, and share some of the things that I've been doing.


The best way I can think to describe it is like a heavy vice that stays on my head all the time. 

The pressure can go higher or lower, but it's continuously squeezing my skull.


Sometimes the pressure is a 2 out of 10, sometimes it's a 6 out of 10, and sometimes it's a 10 out of 10. 

It can't be seen, but it's always felt. 



Some things I've been doing...

  • seeking God and being open to His will
  • praying and fasting
  • asking individuals and groups to pray for me
  • being prayed over and anointed with oil
  • others have fasted for me
  • seeing a counselor
  • getting an MRI of the head
  • getting an MRI of the neck and spine
  • getting a CT scan
  • having many blood tests
  • testing for allergies and food sensitivities
  • trying all possible dietary plans with foods recorded
  • seeing 3 different types of chiropractors
  • seeing 2 different types of physical therapists
  • seeing an acupuncturist
  • seeing a naturopath
  • trying many natural remedies
  • doing hormonal tests and treatments
  • getting head, neck, and atlas adjustments
  • seeing a neuro-muscular dentist to move jaw
  • doing a sinus treatment
  • doing a trial of steroids
  • taking various supplements
  • seeing 4 different neurologists
  • trying 7 types medications and injections
  • getting a nerve block treatment


On the right side of my house in Mozambique I planted a plumeria plant with green leaves and lovely pink flowers. 

But slowly the flowers and leaves faded and fell off, and the ends even went black.

 
When I left Mozambique to come to the US 2 years ago, I thought that the plumeria was surely dying. 


But when I went back to visit Mozambique I saw that it had green leaves again and beautiful pink blooms, even more than before! 


I have felt like my plumeria plant.

During my time with God in prayer and reading His Word, His Spirit has encouraged me to trust that He is doing exceedingly more than what is visible, and that I am to wait on Him for His healing in His time. 

I believe that He is doing eternal things for His glory. 

As I do everything I can, My trust is in Him as I wait for the green leaves to appear and the pink flowers to bloom.  

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 


while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. 


For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 


2 Corinthians 4: 16-18