Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Words from the mouth of God

My mom's cat likes to be where I am, and usually right in the middle of what I'm doing. 

While reading my Bible on my lap, here he is embracing the Scripture...


I could not make it through this time without God's daily words for me. They are truth and life and they are for all of us. 


"Because of the Lord's great love 
we are not consumed, 
for His compassion never fails. 
It is new every morning; 
great is His faithfulness." 
Lamentations 3:22-23 


"Now for a little while, if need be, 
you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 
1 Peter 1:6-7


"In all their affliction He was afflicted..."
Isaiah 63:9


"My sisters and brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
As you know, we count as blessed those who persevered. 
You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. 
The Lord is full of compassion and mercy." 
James 5:10-11


"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, 
for He who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:23



"Wait on the Lord; 
Be of good courage,
And He will strengthen you heart; 
Wait, I say, on the LORD!"
Psalm 27:14