Sunday, September 1, 2019

Inhambane


We visited with the women in Cala. As we walked the paths together, I was able to listen to Ermelinda and share with her with the story of Joseph's life as an example of faithfully following God through many difficulties.

Fellow missionary, Courtney, and two of our Mozambican sisters from Maputo, Vitoria and Luisa, helped me in the house and on our visits. I was thankful for meaningful conversations, times of sharing from God's word and praying together. 

We stayed at the house in Quissico, where I was happy to see several of my neighbors and especially a young boy named Dilercio, who I used to help with his English homework. I was glad to hear how he's doing and to have the opportunity to pray for him there on the path in front of my house.  

The plumeria plant in my garden that looked dead when I left has bloomed and multiplied!


"See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the early and latter rains."

James 5:7


Thank you for your prayer!