Friday, October 5, 2012

Reconnecting and Brazilian Blessings

It's been wonderful to see some of my Mozambican sisters!


Ofelia



Fatima and her new bookmark
One of my dear supporters, Marietta, made some very special cross-stitch bookmarks with Bible verses on them for me to give to some Mozambican women.
I immediately thought of Fatima as we have resumed our Bible study and literacy lessons. She loves her new Bible bookmark which says,
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." 
Psalm 119:105


Brazilian Blessings

The Almeida family from Brazil (Paulo and Fernanda with daughters Laura and Luana) are new missionaries here in Mozambique!


One of the ministries the Almeidas have been involved in is a new church plant just north of Maputo in a place called Matchovana. Last weekend we went there to show the Jesus Film for the first time.

Kids in Matchovana waiting to see the film.


For the last six weeks, another Brazilian blessing has come to Mozambique, Pastors Sandro and Marinez. 
On my way back to the U.S. last year, I had the privilege of visiting and speaking at the National Convention of Missionary Churches of Brazil (CONIM), which is where I met this lovely couple.

They are the first couple from this church who have come to Mozambique on a short-term trip to serve in partnership with us, and what a blessing they have been!
We pray that our partnership with CONIM would be a blessing to Mozambique for Christ.    

 One last picture from the Jesus Film...

...although we're headed into the hot summer months here, it got quite cold on the night we showed the Jesus Film, and I got this unusual picture of two of our "manly" church leaders warmly wrapped up in a lovely "ladies" capulana :)


Visa and Car

I hope to be able to pick up my alien resident visa this next week, and then take my car to South Africa to get some things fixed the week after. 

I appreciate you prayer and support.